Rules For Students Gahlot institute of pharmacy, Koparkhairane
- Students are expected to be punctual and regular for their lectures and practicals.
- Identity cards are compulsorily to be worn in college premises. It has to be shown to security while entering the college.
- Students are not allowed to sit in the corridors and staircase and should maintain silence.
- No guests and visitors of students are allowed in the classrooms, library and laboratory without permission.
- Students must adhere to the dress code while entering the laboratories.
- Students are not supposed to use staff's washroom.
- Rules of library must be followed by every student.
- Boys are not allowed in GCR and vice versa.
- Students should actively participate in the events and campaigns arranged by the college.
- Students are encouraged to regularly check the notice board for notifications and announcement.
- Students are not allowed to enter computer lab without permission.
- It is obligatory for students to seek permission from teaching faculties/respective class-in-charge before approaching the principal.
- Arguments with the non-teaching staff won't be encouraged. The problem regarding the same has to be taken to respective subject in charge.
- Switch off the fans and lights when not in use in classrooms and laboratories.
- Students should maintain cleanliness in the college premises.
- It is the responsibility of the student to take care of the property of college. Stealing and damaging property of college by student will be taken very seriously and the expenses will be borne by the student who does it.
- Maintaining discipline in college premises is expected by every student.
- NOTE: Any student violating the above mentioned rules will be subjected to punishment.
The notice boards are to be used by the authorized persons to give relevant information
concerning their areas of responsibility.
- No student shall put up any notice on the board without authorization by theAdministrative Officer/Director.
- No notice should be taken off the board when it is still relevant.
- Not having read a notice is not a sufficient excuse for any information not received by the students.
- Disfiguring of destruction of notice will be treated as a punishable offence.
Smoking is strictly prohibited in the administrative building, classrooms, library and Computer Centre. Consumption of alcoholic beverages is prohibited in the Gahlot Institute Of Pharmacy (GIP) premises at all times. No student will come to the campus in an inebriated condition.
Payment of tuition fees shall be made in time. All payments are to
be made by Demand Draft or a Bankers’ Cheque in favour of GIP. Hall ticket will not be given at the time of exam if fees not paid completely.
If a student has remained absent for a period of 10 days without permission he/she will be deemed a deserter and his/her name will be struck off the rolls of GIP. The person will be taken back only on a satisfactory explanation given by him/her to Principal. Marks of attendance are given as per the Mumbai university rules. As per university rules student must show at least 75% attendance in each subject every year.
The students should retrain from moving aimlessly and indulging in gossiping at street corners/stalls to avoid giving wrong signals to anti-socials. They should be respectful to their
seniors, staffs and teachers. This would form part of the evaluation process. The students should to indulge in any act which will bring disrepute to GIP. They should at all times behave in a disciplined manner both inside and outside the campus.
- Silence should be maintained in the library.
- Enter your name and Sign in the register kept at the entrance counter before entering library.
- Requisition slip to be collected from librarian and filled completely.
- If necessary, book list available with librarian can be referred.
- Completed requisition slip to be handed over to librarian.
- If requisition slip handed cover to librarian before 1:30 pm, books will be issued on same day between 4 to 5:30 pm. Otherwise, books will be issued on next working day between 9:30 to 11 am only, on display of I-card.
- Issued books to be returned within 8 working days, between 9:30 to 5.30 pm
- Not more than Three Books per students shall be issued for one week.
- An overdue charge of Rs.5/- will be collected per day per book, which will be paid compulsorily by the defaulter.
- In case of damage/loss of book, cost of book to be reimbursed by student.
- Books will be issued on presentation of the library card along with the ID card. Students are instructed to check the books while borrowing and they will be responsible for any type of damage or mutilation noticed at the time of return.
- Reference section has Encyclopedia, dictionaries, Textbooks Reference books etc. which are only available for reference.
- Journals/Magazines /Reports /Reference books will not be issued.
- Reference books will not be given for home issue.
- Reference books are not allowed to taken out of the library for photocopying.
- Mobiles Phones to be switched off or to be kept on silent mode in the Library.
- Eatables and Drinks are not allowed in the Library.
- In case of loss of books/library card it should be reported to the Librarian within two working days for further procedure.
- Library will not be responsible for the personal books and belongings, of the students.
- Books will be issued to students only on his/her card, students are not allowed to use cards of their friends to issue to the book.
- Complete discipline is expected in the Library.
- Co-operation of students and staff is required to maintain the valuable property of the library.
8. COMPUTER LAB
- Before entering the computer laboratory, footwear to be removed and kept in order in the space provided for his purpose.
- Bags must be kept in the space provided.
- Sign on, with the required information on the laboratory.
- There will be time slots allotted to each group, to be followed by the students.
- Students are advised to maintain discipline and silence within the laboratory. Indiscipline,
- misconduct and gossiping would attract punishment.
- Any hardware and software problems are to be noted in the respected register.
- While working on computer, you are restricted to use your own password and user code. Accessing other’s login is an offence.
- At the end of the session, the user should logout properly before shutting down the system, else system files may get corrupted.
- In case a student requires to take the backup of his files, he should request the Lab. In charge for this purpose.
- External devices like pen drive, CDs DVDs are not allowed inside the laboratory.
- Smoking, chewing beetle-nut, beverages and any kind of eatables are not to be taken inside the laboratory.
- Students are not allowed to enter the programmer’s room or server room.
- Using laboratory facilities for personal use are prohibited.
Ratio of terminal to student is 1:1. Sharing of a terminal by more than one student is not allowed.
- Chatting through net is strictly prohibited.
- Any other use of systems except for the purpose related to study is strictly prohibited.
- Mobile/Cell Phone should be off. Students are advised to adhere to the rules and regulations and obey instructions of laboratory in-charge or faculty.
9. RULES FOR THE EXAMINATIONS
- Students should maintain total silence during examinations & are not permitted to talk to each other in the examination hall.
- Providing help or receiving help in any form or manner is strictly prohibited during the examination.
- Any type of indication on the answer book in the form of a picture, diagram, line, dot etc. including writing the Roll no. at any other place except the one appropriate for it, will result in expulsion from the exams for two chances.
- No Candidate should leave the Hall without prior permission of the invigilators at any time in general & before an hour after examination starts in particular.
- Candidates should not write anything on the question paper or Admit Card.
- Each candidate shall be checked at the entrance to examination centre & in examination hall during the course of examination as & when Centre Superintendent considers it necessary. Candidates refusing to submit to the check at the entrance shall be refused entry to the examination. Those refusing to submit to the check in the examination hall shall be liable to instant expulsion.
- No candidate shall leave the examination hall earlier than 10 minutes before the warning bell without submitting the answer book.
- It is the duty of the candidate to hand over the Answer book to the invigilator beforeleaving the hall.
- If a candidate is found with any paper connected or not connected with examination, he/she shall have to surrender it to the invigilator on demand & make a written statement thereof, if necessary. Refusal to surrender the material or to make a statement shall render the candidate liable to instant expulsion from the centre of examination. Copying in any form is strictly prohibited.
- Candidate wishing to say anything should stand up in his/her seat & remain standing until an invigilator comes to him/her. He/she should on no account leave the seat or make any noise to draw the invigilator’s attention.
- Candidates are required to behave properly & maintain absolute discipline inside & outside the examination hall. Any candidate accused of misconduct inside or outside the examination hall shall be seriously dealt with & would be liable to expulsion from the examination and/or any other punishment deemed suitable by the Centre Superintendent.
- Persons unconnected to examination shall in no account be allowed to enter the examination hall.
- If a candidate of any other examination of the college or student of other discipline attempts in supplying incrimating material or enter the hall unauthorized to help the examines in any other manner, he shall be liable to expulsion from the college or debarred from appearing in examination.
- Infringement by the candidate of any of the above rules will render him/her liable to expulsion from examination hall by the centre superintendent.
1. STATUTE OF LIMITATION
It is expected that an applicant admitted to the GIP Programme will begin his/her study during the year she/he receives the admission. Those who fail to join the programme after confirmation of admission may be required to reapply before they can start the program. The GIP programme must be completed within 2 years from the date of the beginning of the programme. Any extension beyond the stipulated two years for the GIP has to be recommended by the faculty committee and approved by the Director.
2. LEAVE OF ABSENCE
A student may be permitted to take a leave of absence for a term or a year that will be judged on a case to case basis. On return the student will however be required to pay the fee as per the fee structure prevailing at the time of re-joining the programme. All students desiring to take such leave of absence have to formally apply to the Director. GIP reserved the right to decline such request and its decision will be treated as final and binding. The period of leave of absence is counted towards the period specified in the stature of limitation.
3. INTERPRETATION OF THE ABOVE RULES
Wherever the rules are not clear or there is no specific mention of responsibilities and obligations by the students or by the institution, the matter will be decided by the institution and the decision of the institution would be final. (The management reserves the right to amend, delete, substitute any of these rules without prejudice which would be brought to the notice of the students through notice board of the institute)
Any dispute on the above rules are subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of Area GIP expects certain values from the students based on the trust, honesty, integrity and cooperation in the class room. Just as in any organization, which looks for human growth, we at the institute look for similar growth of the students through development of shared values and mature sensitivities to human as well as organizational needs. In a nutshell, GIP intends to develop a culture in which the students consciously lead a community life with understanding of mutual needs.